Engineer–In–Training – Water & Wastewater
About Bluegrass Engineering, PLLC
Bluegrass Engineering, PLLC was formed in 2017 in the heart of the Bluegrass in Georgetown, Kentucky. We focus on placing a priority on providing our clients with personal, professional and dependable engineering solutions. Over the years, we have established ourselves by providing our clients dependable solutions for infrastructure expansion, rehabilitation and improvements. We work with our clients to provide options to meet their needs at the local level and what is best for their community.
Engineer–In–Training (EIT) Responsibilities
The primary duties of an EIT include assisting the Project Engineer/Manager in creating detailed designs of water and wastewater treatment facilities, distribution and collection systems, supporting implementation of infrastructure improvements through construction phase services, and supporting and performing asset inventory of existing water and wastewater treatment plants, collection system or distribution systems. More specific design responsibilities include preparing plans for water and wastewater systems, calculations, writing specifications, analysis and study-level reports for water and wastewater treatment, distribution, and collection systems, determining appropriate design methods, equipment sizing and selection. More specific construction phase responsibilities include serving as an assistant to the owner’s representative, coordination of inspection/observation activities, review and response to shop drawings, submittals, requests for clarification and other construction related correspondence, coordination of startup, commissioning and acceptance activities.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Assist in creating detailed designs of waterr and wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations, booster stations and collection/distribution systems, including plans and specifications, site layouts, and sizing of equipment.
• Assist in preparing cost opinions, life cycle cost analyses, process calculations, hydraulic analysis (pressure & open channel) and technical documents.
• Assist in preparing process and civil design drawings and coordinate with CADD technicians for construction plans development.
• Assist in Construction Administration and technical project oversight during construction and project closeout.
Engineer–In–Training – Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent major
• EIT in Kentucky or ability to obtain within 12 months.
• Working toward PE licensure in Kentucky in four years.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to completion of a task
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our team.
Compensation package will include health, life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance, matching 401(k), generous holiday and PTO days and a great frame work for team-oriented professionals to grow in their career. Salary will be based upon experience.